Based in Ohio
March 15 2018
Windows / Mac / Linux
steam store page
DescriptionVisual Out is an exploration-based platformer that celebrates glitch aesthetic, set in the depths of an obsolete, dying computer. As an escaped program, traverse different sectors of the computer, gaining abilities like the data-scrambling Jammer, the light-propelling Dash, the power-manipulating Current, and more. Direct combat takes a back seat, and gameplay instead focuses on using the environment to outsmart, glitch, and destroy enemies.
HistoryVisual Out began as a Ludum Dare entry in December of 2014, with the theme “Entire Game on One Screen”. After receiving positive feedback and taking some time to redesign the game without Ludum Dare requirements, MadameBerry resumed development in 2015. She funded the game through her Patreon, which was used to commission music and cover other development costs. Visual Out released on Steam and itch.io on March 15th 2018.
- Explore a vast environment within the dying computer.
- Gain six unique abilities and their upgrades that aid in exploration.
- Manipulate the environment by controlling the flow of power.
- Traverse a mix between mechanical and digital landscapes, rendered with distinctive visual effects and minimalist pixel art, and backed by a mysterious ambient-glitch soundtrack by Abstraction Music.
- Outsmart and overpower each of the four sector’s bosses.
Visual Out Trailer Youtube
Logo and Cover
Awards and Recognition
- “Indie/Student/Experimental” Spotlight Award at GDEX 2016
- “I love this. I need the full version of this game, like, right now.“
– Sir TapTap about the demo, Youtube
- “Visual Out asks you to embrace the glitches of a dying computer.”
– Emma Kidwell, KillScreen
Request Press Copy
Feel free to email me for a review copy.
MadameBerry’s Patreon for funding development costs: patreon.com
Independent game designer, pixel artist, and game jam aficionado, creating unusual alternative games.
More information on MadameBerry, our logo & relevant media are available here.