Based in Ohio
DescriptionIndependent game designer, pixel artist, and game jam aficionado, creating unusual alternative games.
HistoryMadameBerry is an independent designer who got her start making game art in highschool. During her college years, she led teams to create award winning games such as Cadence and Five Suns. She graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design in 2014, and afterwards began creating games solo. Her first commercial project, Fragile Soft Machines, was released on March 28th, 2015. Her second game, Visual Out, released on March 15th 2018. She also makes game development tools for Construct 2 developers and graphics for content creators.
Games by Madameberry Youtube
ImagesFragile Soft Machines
Awards and Recognition
- “Indie/Student/Experimental” Spotlight Award – Awarded to Visual Out by MadameBerry Games LLC. GDEX, 30 October, 2016.
- “Prettibyte Award for Best Design” – Awarded to Five Suns by student team of thirteen. IndieBits Fest, 20 April, 2015.
- “Best 2D Game” – Awarded to Five Suns by student team of thirteen. Savannah College of Art and Design Entelechy Awards, 6 June, 2014.
- “Gravibyte Award for Best Humanities” – Awarded to Cadence by student team of eight. IndieBits Fest, 17 April, 2014.
- “Diane Mueller’s Fragile Soft Machines, which uses the butterfly in similarly melancholic terms, so easily expresses the loss of beauty.”
– Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- “Fragile Soft Machines offers the player a chance to think about life and struggling with one’s shortcomings.”
– Lena LeRay, IndieGames.com
- “MadameBerry has made us a neat toy: EDDA, An atmospheric slam poetry battle based on a collection of Old Norse poetry. Even when you fail, it’s fun to compose your own little verses, to try to read a strange kind of sense into the themes of your exchange with your fellow.”
– Leigh Alexander, Offworld
MadameBerry’s Patreon for funding development costs: patreon.com
Game development and art resources MadameBerry has made: Downloads